Google Ads, better known as Google Adwords. What is it, how does it work, what does a Google Ads campaign cost and why can’t you as a company ignore it? This and many more topics that will be covered in this Blog to provide you with information.
The name Google Adwords was therefore an appropriate name because advertising through words was the only advertising option at the time.
It is therefore only logical that the name change from Google Adwords to Google Ads has taken place.
Today, there are various ways of advertising and new initiatives such as visual advertising provided by the advertising platform. That is why the name Google Adwords no longer fits with the entire product range of Google, as they offer a wider range in the field of advertising.
WHAT IS GOOGLE ADS?
Google Ads is an online advertising opportunity for companies to offer their products, services and services within Google search results, YouTube and other websites.
With a Google Ads account you can set up ads for different target groups, locations and purposes.
If you want to generate more traffic to your website, or if you want to put a promotional campaign in the spotlight, everything is possible!
HOW DOES GOOGLE ADS WORK
Google Ads how does it work? Google Ads are paid methods to use your online advertising opportunities. By using the right keywords, you as a company can respond to the search behavior of the consumer.
By setting up the online advertising platform in this way, you as an advertiser can determine exactly when which advertisement is shown.
It is very important to keep the following in mind when setting up a Google Ads campaign, namely:
What is the purpose of the ad.
What is the location where you want to show your ad. So consider the geographic settings of your ad.
Set a monthly budget for your ad. As the provider of your advertisement you will only have to pay if a user has clicked on one of your advertisements.
It is therefore important to know that Google Ads can only set up advertisements if you have selected a monthly budget for this.
It is also a possibility to use unpaid advertising options to generate visitors to your website, this is also called SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
By applying the right writing techniques to different landing pages of your website, you can ensure a higher ranking within Google which will result in more visitors.
Want to know more about SEO? Then click here.
WHERE TO FIND GOOGLE ADS AND HOW ARE THEM DISPLAYED
There are different ad types that can be used, namely:
- Campaigns within the Google search results, these are (text) advertisements that people see when they search for your products.
- Google Ads Display Ads: These are ads that contain images that are shown on other websites or apps that your visitors view. Think of advertising banners that you find in your hotmail, or within spotify.
- Video campaigns: These are played within YouTube before or after a video and last 6-15 seconds.
WHAT DOES A GOOGLE ADS CAMPAIGN COST
The cost for a Google Ads campaign is determined by your budget settings. Also, you will only be charged if a user interacts with one of your ads. There is no minimum spending requirement and you can stop the running ads at any time.
So to answer the question: What does Google Ads cost? There is no right answer to this, as it completely depends on your budget settings and the cost you have to pay per click for the ad you have created.
WHAT IS GOOGLE ADSENSE
Google Adsense is Google’s advertising network where website owners can earn money by placing text and image ads on their own site.
So you hereby make “space available” on your own website, for other websites to advertise in these places. The revenues are paid by the advertisers who want to promote their products.
So it’s important to know that the difference between Google Ads and Google Adsense is that Google Ads is used by advertisers. And Google Adsense by website owners, who want to earn money by offering advertising space on their sites sites
GOOGLE ADS CONTACT
If you have any questions about the Google Ads advertising platform, they have a very advanced help center where you can answer all your questions.
The topics that can be found to help you on your way are:
Helps you gain different insights and help you determine your ad audience and select the right search terms.
Information on the basics of setting up a campaign.
Here you can find the answers whether you have selected the correct campaign settings and how to manage the ads.
If you want to gain insight into whether what you have set up has achieved the desired results.
Everything about whether your account set-up and payments are properly arranged
Includes several guides to get you started quickly.
So I would advise you to log in via your Google Ads account first, and if you have any questions, you can consult the Google Ads help center.
Click here for the overview of the Google Ads help center.
ARE YOU PLANNING TO START WITH GOOGLE ADS?
- So what is important when setting up a Google Ads campaign?
- If you’re planning to start setting up different campaigns within Google Ads, these are helpful tips to consider when setting up an ad:
- Determine what your goals are that you want to achieve from the ad.
- Determine location where you want to advertise. Geographical information is important to target a correct audience within a certain environment.
- Determine the most important keywords on which you as an advertiser want to be found.
- Set a monthly budget for your ads.
- Make sure you have the right settings within Google Ads overview, so that you can view the results of your ads and thus also find out what needs to be improved and where optimizations can take place.
INCREASING ONLINE ATTRACTION BY SPECIALISTS
We at Online Marketing Channels are specialized in optimizing and increasing your online reach. We do this by setting up various advertising options that will result in an increase in your visitor numbers and will have a direct effect on various KPIs, these can be;
– Generating traffic to the webshop.
– Optimizing your webshop for better findability in Google.
– Setting up paid and/or unpaid search engine advertisements.
We focus on the various services that can contribute to an optimal online pressence.
– Providing Online Marketing training (SEO/SEA)
– Delivering tactical and strategic personalized plans
– A deep dive looking for points for improvement in the design of your advertising channels or website design with full online marketing advice.
– Support in drawing up an Online marketing step-by-step plan.
Have you been triggered and interested to learn more about the know-how of different advertising opportunities, check out the blogs below.
• What is Online Marketing?
• What is SEO?
• What is SEA?
• What is Google Shopping
If you have any questions or are looking for specialized online marketers, do not hesitate to contact us for a no-obligation conversation. Click here for our contact details.